KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Using Perl Scripts to gather data

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Using Perl Scripts to gather data Reply with quote

I have some perl scripts installed that I can execute on my Hostmon server to query my VMWare ESXi server. I have cut the scripts down so that they only output the exact detail I want to query.

I have been having trouble executing them as an external command and also I cannot import them as a Shell Script. They run fine in a command window on the hostmon server.

Is there some way I can go about using them?
Svend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at your documentation for Microsoft ActiveScripting sounds like I should get Perl listed in the language dropdown when Perl is installed on the server. However I still only see VBScript and JScript as opitions in the dropdown box for Language.

When I test it it returns a VBScript or JScript compilation error, depending on whichever I have selected.

Should I see Perl in the dropdown?

P.S. Many of the links in the Active Script documentation no longer work.
Svend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have it working now as a ShellScript by calling "cmd /c perl.exe %script% %params%"

Just need to hack the script now to produce outputs that satisfy hostmon.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was looking at your documentation for Microsoft ActiveScripting sounds like I should get Perl listed in the language dropdown when Perl is installed on the server. However I still only see VBScript and JScript as opitions in the dropdown box for Language.

if you have ActivePerl installed and you want to use Active Script test method, you may type language name manually.
However I would recommend to use Shell Script test method instead.
You may use command line like cmd /c cscript /B /E:PerlScript %Script% %Params%

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: