KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA: 301 - error: user credentials cannot be used for local

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert_in_MTL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: RMA: 301 - error: user credentials cannot be used for local Reply with quote

Hi,
I want to use top process test and the test refuses to work if the agent is on the machine that is tested but works from another agent.

RMA: 301 - error: user credentials cannot be used for local connections

All other tests on this machine work perfectly so far: disk space, CPU usage, memory available, etc...

Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you,
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any bug.
Just unmark "Connect as" option of the test or specify name of the target system as "localhost" or "127.0.0.1".

I assume you have specified IP address or hostname of the system and that system has several network cards plus you have marked "Connect as" property or specified account using Connection MAnager.
If system has several network cards, HostMonitor (and RMA) may not be able to detect that "server1.domain.com" and specified "10.10.1.5" IP address (just for example) is actually the same system. So, if you want to check local system (system where HostMonitor or RMA is running), we always recommend to type localhost or 127.0.0.1

Regards
Alex
Robert_in_MTL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Alex.

127.0.0.1 works, but it is strange that it is the only test that requires 127.0.0.1 in a whole lot of different kind of test I am using.

How come available Memory or CPU usage works with IP or hostname but not this?

Could I suggest that you find a way to make this work since this test requires a different approach to make it work than any other test which all work with the host name or IP?

Thank you very much again for you help and for reading my suggestion.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
127.0.0.1 works, but it is strange that it is the only test that requires 127.0.0.1 in a whole lot of different kind of test I am using.
How come available Memory or CPU usage works with IP or hostname but not this?

Any test that uses WMI technology works in the same way. Well, HostMonitor offers just 2 test methods based on WMI: WMI test and Dominant Process.
However we recommend to use local address for other tests as well. E.g. firewall or antivirus monitor may block connections from 192.168.1.1 and allow connections from 127.0.0.1 while both addresses belong to the same system.

Quote:
Could I suggest that you find a way to make this work since this test requires a different approach to make it work than any other test which all work with the host name or IP?

HostMonitor checks is specified host name belongs to local system and skips authentication procedure. However its not always possible.

Regards
Alex
Robert_in_MTL

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand,
Thank you very much Alex.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Bug reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: