Timeout for RMA on Unix to short

Remote Monitoring Agent for Linux, FreeBSD, and other UNIX-like platforms.
Peter

Timeout for RMA on Unix to short

Post by Peter »

Hello,
i want to set a timeout longer than 600 seconds in the settings of the RMA Manager. But it is not possible.
Reason: I have to monitor a mount point on Solaris.
Thanks in advance and regards.
Peter
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Do you mean some test takes more than 10 minutes to be executed?? Something like "Count Files" test on huge volume?

Then this question is not only about RMA and RMA Manager. HostMonitor may drop test execution as well due to long "inactivity".

Regards
Alex
Peter

Post by Peter »

But isn't it possible to switch this behaviour off for dedicated tests?
Thanks and regards
Peter
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

There is no such switch.
Could you please explain why exactly do you need this? What exactly test method do you use? What are you trying to check?
May be we can find some workaround...

Regards
Alex
Peter

Post by Peter »

Hi Alex,
we need the test to monitor the capacity of a mountpoint with 500 GB SAN Memory.
Monitoring the subfolders separately only makes sence, if a the Hostmonitor would calculate the separate values and compare the entire value with the 500 GB.
If the number of files is smaller, sometimes the job will run under 10 minutes. Then we get the correct value. So it's a timeout problem for this test.

Another option is a simple function, which gives us directly the capacity of the mountpoint (like "df- k").

regards
Peter
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Sorry, I still do not understand what exactly test method do you use :(
Could you just name it? Folder/File Size?

Anyway, if you want to check amount of free space on the volume, use UNC test method.
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... htm#chkUNC
If you want to check amount of used space, I see 2 other solutions:
1) use UNC test method and "Optional status processing" option to substract free space from total volume size.
2) create pretty simple script (using that "df" command) and use Shell Script test method to retrieve information about that volume
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... m#chkShell

All 3 methods will get result in a seconds, so you dont need to waste 10-15 minutes of system time.

Regards
Alex