KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Email Send in 'Action' - Advanced Mode

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G4meDTP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Email Send in 'Action' - Advanced Mode Reply with quote

I am not getting any Email to fire when a condition is met. Might be a syntax issue, or just my understanding of the documentation.

Here is the setup -
ver 8.14
Advanced Host Monnitor (AHM) is running a test (NT Event Log), I get the regular email if something goes 'Bad'. However, on occation the account that AHM runs on will lose permissions, that makes the test give a Status of "Unkown" and a Reply of "System Error. Code: 5.Access denied".

I have setup an Email Action in Advanced Mode and set the "Condition to start action" to this string "('%SimpleStatus%'=='UNKNOWN') and ('%Reply%'=='System Error. Code: 5.Access denied')"

Nothing is happening.

I have set the same thing on both the Good and Bad sides just in case.

"Optional status processing" has "Treat Unknown as Bad" unchecked. and no other entries on that line. The "Warning line is still at default.

This is the first time i have used Advanced Mode, so I may be missing something.

Thanks.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure error message looks exactly like this 'System Error. Code: 5.Access denied'?
I think it should looks like "Access is denied" and probably this is space or CRLF charaters and "5."...
I would use expression like ('%SimpleStatus%'=='UNKNOWN') and ('Access is denied' in '%Reply%')

Regards
Alex
G4meDTP

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good.
I see that the "in" statement will allow me to use just part of the Reply text. I missed that in the doc.

You are correct, it is "Access is denied".

I changed the syntax and it now works.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: