KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Alerts not working

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G4meDTP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:17 am    Post subject: Alerts not working Reply with quote

I have installed 8.14 and 8.06 on two different machines. I have created a basic Ping test that has no trouble running and finding the target. However, none of the Alerts for a successful test are working. I have tried Email, external program start (cmd.exe), and just a popup.
The test runs every 10 sec. so I can observe it, but nothing happens.

I must be doing something wrong, but cannot find the error.

Thanks.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please check the following instruction: http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=4804

Regards
Alex
G4meDTP

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the link. I was able to determine the issue. On the Alert edit box, there is an option for "Condition to Start Action". Underneath that is the Radio button for "Repeat". That is defaulted to '1'. If that is changed to "Until Status Chages" I will get the behavior that I was anticipating (a notification for each success).
I can now test everything else.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: