KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Logging in mssql and reporting with ms Reporting Service

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frbo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Logging in mssql and reporting with ms Reporting Service Reply with quote

Dear,

is there anyone who have already tried to log in to a mssql database and make reports with the ms reporting server.

Frederik
violant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I login to MYSQL (by ODBC). Use PHP+IIS to generate report. Daily report sorting by test name and time (colored), and form with checkbox-testname and report period (start-end date). Very simple select to DB. For backup use mysqldump.
There is some problem:
1)When I change testname I need see log by old and new name separetly. I must rename old entries in table for old log.
2)List of all test that running now without old testname. I use log midnight and when status change. So I need everyday to generate list of all actual testname by select all midnight testname to another table. That all for create checkbox-list.
frbo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you use odbc as a primary log our do you have a alert profile with a sql satement.

How many data do you generate in your database
violant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use it as primary log.
If I dont want see some row in log html I dont select it, but insert in log table in DB.
about 200 test
450 row in a day (only change status and midnight login)
mysql dump = 2,5 Mb/month
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: