KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

folder/file doesn't exist reply for a Folder/File Size Check

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doodleman99

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: folder/file doesn't exist reply for a Folder/File Size Check Reply with quote

hi there guys,
i am wondering if anyone has any bright ideas as to why im unable to perform a folder/File Size check on a server?

if i run a UNC Available space to the target machine it is fine, but if i try to do a folder/file check i get a "RMA 301 folder/file doesn't exist" reply for my test.
i have tried to check the folder by connecting via a mapped drive, UNC, IP and they all give the same failure?

i am running HostMon v8.14 and my client is up to date.

the RMA is installed on a domain controller (Win2003 R2) and is trying to read the folder size of a Win2000 box(which is part of the domain). i have run a dskchk on the 2000 box and verified it is NTFS.

are there any common problems agents may face when doing this simple test?

any ideas would be great.

thanks,
James
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if i run a UNC Available space to the target machine it is fine, but if i try to do a folder/file check i get a "RMA 301 folder/file doesn't exist" reply for my test.
i have tried to check the folder by connecting via a mapped drive, UNC, IP and they all give the same failure?

If you use RMA to check folder and some other system, use UNC path (mapped drive method will not work if RMA is started as service).
I can say its not a problem with IP address/hostname, its not a permission related problem.
"RMA 301 folder/file doesn't exist" error means RMA is able to connect to target system but specified folder does not exist.

Do you use any macro variables in the path to the folder? What version of the agent do you use?
May I see path to the folder specified for the test? May I see DIR command result that shows that folder?

Regards
Alex
G4meDTP

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something I discovered - I use RCC to access AHM on a server, and found that if I try to use the Drive Free Space test, the drive selections are for my local machine, not for the server on which AHM is running. I must use the UNC path to check items on 'remote' units.

Not sure if this has anything to do with your issue, but there it is.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, its not related to the problem.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: