Configuration

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
Banerjee

Configuration

Post by Banerjee »

Can anyone please share a configuraion file on host monitor. Or please guide me on how to build a configuration file for the same :)
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

Configuration file? What do you mean? There is a list of files, that are necessary for HostMonitor: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... m#TechInfo

Probably, you want to create special formatted file for import tests into HostMonitor? Please, take a look at this example: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/examples/import1.htm

Regards,
Max
greyhat64

Post by greyhat64 »

C'mon Max, It sounds like what Banerjee's looking for is a guide on how to get started. :-?
Where does a person new to the whole concept of monitoring automation, or at least monitoring the way AHM does it start? How do you structure your tree/folders, what tests do you begin with, what baseline of information do you need to know in order to get started with setting up profiles and alert actions. What about logging, and what to do with that data in terms of reports, charts, log analysis, etc.

This is a terrific, powerful, and flexible product, but the fact is this is a system that is long overdue for a full fledged tutorial - a step-by-step guide, or a big animation showing a 'noob' how to get started. The default HML file with it's initial folders and tests are a good start, but in needs at least a "Getting Started" guide.

Banerjee, I hope I haven't insulted you - I guess I read your question and saw myself many moons ago trying to answer all the questions I listed above and more.
So, am I on the right track, or were you looking for something different.

If I'm right, I'd suggest getting started with the help system. In addition to the wealth of information it provides, the structure is sort of a subliminal guide on how to get started. Good luck getting started and keep asking questions.
Not only is this a really good product, but I can attest to the fact that Max and Alex are GREAT at responding to their customer's needs.
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

greyhat64 wrote:C'mon Max, It sounds like what Banerjee's looking for is a guide on how to get started. :-?
Well, probably, you are right. I did not think of it. :oops:
greyhat64 wrote:The fact is this is a system that is long overdue for a full fledged tutorial - a step-by-step guide, or a big animation showing a 'noob' how to get started.
Yeah, it's a good idea about kind of tutoria movie. We are going to create some kind of this movie in nearest future. Along with movie, we are going to share something like "White pages" about different aspects of monitoring using HostMonitor. Any suggestions are appreciated :-) But, probably in another thread. ;-)
greyhat64 wrote:I'd suggest getting started with the help system.
Correct. Also there is a printable manual in MS Word format included into HostMonitor package. You may find "manual.doc" in HostMonitor folder. Beside that, you may use our onlince manual, available at: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm

If you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact us.
greyhat64 wrote:Not only is this a really good product, but I can attest to the fact that Max and Alex are GREAT at responding to their customer's needs.
Thank you! :D

Regards,
Max
greyhat64

Post by greyhat64 »

Max,
You wrote,
But, probably in another thread. :wink:
I'd suggest a new 'White Papers' forum for just this purpose. It should be read-only so only things you guys post are included. Accept submissions elsewhere, maybe in an existing forum like this one or FAQ.
You might even repurpose FAQ, which doesn't seem to get a lot of traffic currently, to become 'FAQ's and White Papers'. You could possibly embed a subfolder for submissions.

I can't wait to see the movie. I'm popping the popcorn now! :lol: