KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Multiple instances of RMA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: Multiple instances of RMA Reply with quote

I have a client whose system I monitor with HostMon and an RMA on their server. They are impressed and want to get an inhouse copy of Hostmon to do additional monitoring.
Is it possible to run multiple instances of the RMA, each using a different port/password, to allow us to both keep monitoring the systems seperately?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, just copy RMA into another folder and use different TCP port for listening (if you are using Passive RMA).
If you want to start RMA as service (2 services on the same system), you should add ServiceNameSuffix=<UniqueNumber> line into [Basic] section of rma.ini file to change service name used by Passive RMA (use [Active_Basic] section for Active RMA accordingly).

PS I just do not understand why they need agent? If they want to monitor their own LAN only, I think they may use HostMonitor without agents.

Regards
Alex
Svend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thank's. We'll have a go at that.
Svend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. the agent is for a remote site - remote to both of us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: