KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Webservice Problem after ever Windows Start

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MirkoW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Webservice Problem after ever Windows Start Reply with quote

Hi,

every week, after i have restartet my HM-Server automaticially, i receive follow error message, in my webbrowser, when i want to connect to the Dashboard from HM-Web-Service:

Response from HostMonitor's Web Service:

Transmission error (Web Service <-> HostMonitor): "Connection error"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible reasons:
- HostMonitor is not running
- RCI interface disabled
- HM Web Service configured incorrectly (wrong TCP Port or IP address)
- network problem

i dont know whats wrong because this was working until i have restarted the system.
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you provide more information, please?
- What version of HostMonitor do you use?
- What version of WebServer do you use?
- What Windows do you use? Service Pack?
- Do you see any error messages in System Log (file is specified in menu "Options" -> "System Log"). You may access the System Log using menu "View" - > "System Log".

I think, you should change RCI port, because some other application captured the port. Please, try to change the port number in HostMonitor menu "Options" -> "RCI" and on WebService side accordingly.

Anyway, you may easily check what application captured the specifed port using our "IP Tools" program ( http://www.ks-soft.net/ip-tools.eng/index.htm ) or using command line utility netstat (e.g. "netstat -nao").

Regards,
Max
MirkoW

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

i have found the reason for this.

it was the Pegasus WMI Wrapper, that using the same Port, too but i don't know why i dont have found it before
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heini_net wrote:
it was the Pegasus WMI Wrapper, that using the same Port, too but i don't know why i dont have found it before
I think, Pegasus does not use fixed port and just captures free one. So, to avoid this situation, we recommend to start HostMonitor before any other applications.

Regards,
Max
Dataprise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: same problem Reply with quote

the same message came up for me. Here's the information:

Host Monitor: Version 5.70
Web Server: Version 2.24
License: Enterprise
O/S: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition w/ SP1

I resolved it by closing Host Monitor (hostnom.exe) and restarted it. Then restarted the web services. However, the same problem occured an hour later.

- I tried different ports like 84 (one never in use), and didn't help.
- Event logs (Windows sde) Do not show anything in regards to these services.
- Tried running it as both a Win32 service (which normally it is) and Web Server application, but no luck.

The only way to resolve it is by closing Host Monitor and re-open it. Any ideas?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5.70? That's really old version, we do not support it anymore.

However lets check system log file specified on Advanced Logs page in the Options dialog. Any errors?

Do you use ODBC logging or ODBC test method? If yes, what ODBC driver do you use?
Do you have installed some antivirus monitors, personal firewall, content monitoring software? Non stanard winsock components?

Also could you check resource usage for each process? Especially hostmon.exe. You may use standard Windows Task Manager to check Handles, GDI and USER objects. What the total resource usage on the system?

Regards
Alex
Dataprise

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,
I will enable logging and get back to you whenever I can. Thanks for the assistance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: