KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Upgrading RMA config utility kills the connection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greyhat64

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Upgrading RMA config utility kills the connection Reply with quote

Environment:__AHM 7.72
Problem:__i___RMA's upgrade (3.33 -> 3.34) drops connection after config utility upgrade
Description:
In the past, from RMA Manager, I would upgrade the config utility first, then the agent. This time, for only four of my hosts, the result was a disconnect of the remote agent. I can see the agent attempt to connect, but it immediately reverts to 'operable' status.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Also, why can't it be a one step process? Upgrade agent and config utility all at once. Simply pick the folder containing both files, verify, and transfer. No one is going to do one and not the other - right?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H'm... looks like there was some mistake in Active RMA 3.33
We just tested agents 3.33, 3.34 and 3.35 on 3 systems.
- RMA 3.33 works fine on all systems when it is started under admin account while it cannot update rma_cfg.exe properly on 2 systems if it is started under regular user account.
- RMA 3.34 and 3.35 works fine on all systems under any account.
So I assume this problem already fixed.

Quote:
Also, why can't it be a one step process? Upgrade agent and config utility all at once. Simply pick the folder containing both files, verify, and transfer. No one is going to do one and not the other - right?

Yes, probably you are right

Regards
Alex
greyhat64

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The upgrade is following an install of the 3.33 version by one of my remote engineers. I'll have them check to see that the service was started with a local admin account. If they followed my flawless instructions this won't be the case We'll see. . .

I'll pop the single install idea into Wish List, along with the idea that RMA config should be set up to specify the service account. You could even have it pick up the currently logged in account as an alternative to 'System' and allow the user to edit/change that.

Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: