Adding Authorised IP addresses.

Do you love HostMonitor? Hate it? Post your opinion here
G4meDTP

Adding Authorised IP addresses.

Post by G4meDTP »

I like the app. Ver. 8.14. However, the point at which you add an IP address for Operators (User>Operators...>Accept Remote Connections From) needs help.

To add an item (IP Address) to a white field, you need to press the Insert key?! No click with the mouse?! That does not even match the other fields on that page, much less the Windows conventions (Like it or not, Windows has become an operation convention for software).
This "oddity' is VERY confusing to those who are new to the application. The instructions certainly don't help much. But really, they shouldn't. This is so basic a control function, that it should not need to be explained in the help files.

Please allow a right-click function to also bring up the entry box, or just allow direct IP entry.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Please allow a right-click function to also bring up the entry box, or just allow direct IP entry
Well, we already implemented popup menu items in version 8.15 (not available for download yet).
The instructions certainly don't help much.
Why not? I think manual it pretty clear
=================
Also you can specify a list of IP addresses authorized for remote connections for each of the accounts.
Please note:
- to insert new address press INSERT button; to remove item press CTRL+DEL;
- you may specify ranges of IP addresses from which a connection may be accepted. E.g. 192.168.1.1 - 192.168.1.100;
- you may use '0.0.0.0' IP address. If you specify 0.0.0.0 address, HostMonitor will accept incoming connections from ANY address.

=================
You just need to click Help button and read 2 paragraphs.

If you need some option or function, new test or something else, please use "Wish list" forum.
This forum is not about some specific menu items or some option (our software offers several thosand options). This forum is about general opinion about our software and our support. Is it good or is it bad.

Regards
Alex