KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

ICQ messaging

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ColstripSchools

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a way to modify the 3.0 to send to a interal Groupware ICQ server instead of the Internet ICQ server. Also is there a way to send to more then one ICQ user at one time. I have tried to enter in ; and , and they do not work..

Thanks,
Steve
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2002 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,

>is there a way to modify the 3.0 to send to >a interal Groupware ICQ server instead of >the Internet ICQ server.

This task have added to our "to do" list.

>Also is there a way to send to more then >one ICQ user at one time. I have tried to >enter in ; and , and they do not work..

You can add several "Send message to ICQ" actions (with different settings) to the action profile.

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the status off this implementation?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Status is "suspended". I tried to implement what you asking for, but...
Right now HostMonitor sends message to ICQ user using ICQ web server. In this case HostMonitor does not need any 3rd party library, dll, does not need started ICQ client, etc. Code is small and need only Internet connection.
To send message using internal Groupware ICQ server program have to use ICQ API (please correct me if I am wrong). I played with ICQ API, but its a little strange API. It has function to send message (ICQAPICall_SendMessage), however this function always open ICQ window, set recepient and message but do not send message until user click on Send button manually.
Of course, there are another method to send message: implement internal ICQ protocol and behave like ICQ client. Unfortunately I did not find ICQ protocol specification.

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: