KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

NB Scanner: "The operation being ... user not authenticated

View previous topic :: View next topic  
User Joe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be helpful to have a list of messages and their explanations for IP tools.

Anyways, if I get the message "The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated" does that mean the resources on the target computer are pass-word protected (ie no open shares) ?

Speaking of login-protected shares on an NT server, is there any way to see the IP address of someone trying to login when I'm using the event-viewer to see the login attempts?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>It might be helpful to have a list of messages and their explanations for IP tools.

To get list of resources IP-Tools uses Windows API. It means all messages displayed by NB Scanner utility are Windows' messages. Different version of Windows can display different messages.

>Anyways, if I get the message "The operation being requested was not performed because the user has not been authenticated" does that mean the resources on the target computer are pass-word protected (ie no open shares) ?

Yes, it means resource(s) is available for some of the users which have account on the server.

>Speaking of login-protected shares on an NT server, is there any way to see the IP address of someone trying to login when I'm using the event-viewer to see the login attempts?

As far as I know NT server records to Event Log name of the system, not IP address (some networks don't use IP protocol at all).
If login attempt was made from your network, you can use NS Lookup utility to resolve system name to IP address (it will work on Windows NT/2000/XP).

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> IP-Tools All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: