KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Text Log test requires carriage return after string

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guido39

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Text Log test requires carriage return after string Reply with quote

I have been trying to figure out why my text log test would not find a string and finally discovered that unless there is a carriage return after the last line that contains the string, Hostmonitor won't find it. Is this normal behaivor? I'm running version 6.80.

For example, if I'm searching for the word "test" and there is only one instance in the text file and it's on the last line but no carriage return after it, Hostmonitor can't find it. I add a carriage return and then it finds it.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this is correct behaviour. Line should be terminated by LF, CR or LFCR.
If this issue is critical for, may be we can add some option...

Regards
Alex
Guido39

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the moment it's not an issue as the files I'm monitoring have a carriage return inserted by the application. In the future could be an issue so I can bring it up then if needed.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: