KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

disable tests by script

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baptiste

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: disable tests by script Reply with quote

Dear KS-Soft,

Now I have several tests (check service) on backuped servers. Daily we had to start backup and during this task these services are disable by the backup job. Thus HostMonitor send report that tests are in bad status while it’s normal.
I need to have the test scheduled 24h/24h. So I would like to know how automatically disable these test during backups (backup time shifting every day), maybe with a script…

Regards
Baptiste
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may use "HMS Script": http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#actions.htm#actScript
"DisableTest" command allows you to disable test or group of tests. "EnableTest" command enblables disabled tests.

You may start "HMS script" automaticaly as other actions or on regular basis using built-in "Scheduler" ("Options" -> "Scheduler"). It is also possible to start "HMS script" manually using menu "File" -> "Execute Script.."

On the other hand, you may adjust test or action schedule: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#profiles.htm#Schedules

Regards,
Max
Baptiste

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will try this monday
Baptiste

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,
Previous solution works well, but I launch my backup scheduled task by an external script to Hostmonitor.
I shall want to know if it is possible to make the same operation* by an external script to Hostmonitor

*disable test or enable test
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baptiste wrote:
I shall want to know if it is possible to make the same operation* by an external script to Hostmonitor
I am afraid, that's impossible to enable/disable test by external program automatically.

I think, you may use "Master/Dependent" relations between tests to figure it out. For instance, you may setup some test, that checks if backup script is running on the remote server, and make this as Master for other service tests. Please, read the following article for details: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#Master

Regards,
Max
Baptiste

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, that's what I thought. Thank you for your fast answer.

Regards,
Baptiste
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: