KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Process Test Error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
canish

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Process Test Error Reply with quote

Hi everyone,
I try to add a process test to host monitor. I have installed rma for windows (2003 Server Ed) and my management server is also 2003 server edition.
There is no connection problem or something else with rma but when i try to get the process list from the client machine "Error 301 can not retrieve information" occurs. i tried some other tests without problem even if the service test.
What could be the problem

thanx all
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If RMA is running as service, you may specify admins account for the RMA service (Control Panel->Services->"KS Remote Monitoring Agent"->Properties->"Log on" tab).
Are you trying to check certain process on the same machine where RMA is running? In this case, you have to specify "<local computer>" into the "Check process on" box (local for the RMA) and select the appropriate RMA from "Test by" dropdown in "Test Properties" window of the "Process" test.
If you are trying to check some process on remote machine, please ensure:
1) RPC service should be started on target systems
2) Remote Registry service should be started on target system
3) perfProc.DLL should be enabled on target system
4) Check if "admin" account has KEY_READ access to the following registry key on target system: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows_NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib.
To view/change permissions to the registry key you can use the registry editor utility (Regedt32.exe).
5) no firewall between 2 system blocks TCP ports above 1024

Also you may use "Connection Manager" to specify certain account for the "Process" test. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#profiles.htm#conmgr

Regards,
Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: