KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Removing email from Action profiles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnakatsu

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:32 am    Post subject: Removing email from Action profiles Reply with quote

Morning,

I'm currently reconfiguring HM streamline our processes, and I came across this article in your forums http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3933&highlight=antion+profile+email

I'd like to implement this, but I need to remove the 20+ email addresses currently associated with each action profile. How can this be accomplished? I tried to edit the profile, but it seems that while I can add addresses by typing it in, I can't remove addresses. Is there a way to edit the profiles directly? Where are they stored? What type of file are they?

Thanks!
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Removing email from Action profiles Reply with quote

tnakatsu wrote:
I'd like to implement this, but I need to remove the 20+ email addresses currently associated with each action profile. How can this be accomplished?
You may use menu "Profiles" -> "Action Profiles". You should select each profile one by one and edit each "Send Email" action. As you know, "Send E-mail" action allows you to specify macro variables into "To", "From", "Subject", etc. fields. For instance, you may specify ""%CommentLine1% variable into "To" field. In this case, HostMonitor will send email to the recipient, that is specified in "Comment" field in "Test Properties" window of the certain test. Here the list of variable you may use: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#actions.htm#macro

tnakatsu wrote:
I tried to edit the profile, but it seems that while I can add addresses by typing it in, I can't remove addresses. Is there a way to edit the profiles directly? Where are they stored? What type of file are they?
The action profiles are stored in actions.lst file, but it is not possible to edit it directly. Actually, I do not understand why you cannot remove the address. Could you provide an example or screen-shot? You may send screen-shots to support@ks-soft.net

Regards,
Max
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I tried to edit the profile, but it seems that while I can add addresses by typing it in, I can't remove addresses

Why not? Its regular combobox control provided by Windows API, you may type, you may mark text, you can remove text.

Quote:
Is there a way to edit the profiles directly?

Sorry, its impossible.

Quote:
Where are they stored?

actions.lst file

Quote:
What type of file are they?

Encrypted binary file

Regards
Alex
tnakatsu

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. I figured out the problem. It was a misunderstanding on my part. I was unable to leave the field blank when I removed the address. I also didn't realize that the drop down menu was showing me all the email strings for the various profiles, I thought the were all the same.

Thanks for the quick responses!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: