KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Action send mail when test is BAD, not when status is unknow

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerhard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Action send mail when test is BAD, not when status is unknow Reply with quote

Dear Hostmon,

Since i upgraded Hostmonitor to version 6.82 i do not see the option to treat unknown status as BAD. It seems like hostmonitor now treats all unknown statuses as BAD. I configured an action to send a mail when tests become BAD, but since a lot of tests become unknown frequently (for various reasons) i do not want to receive an e-mail when a test status is unknown. I have been looking for the treat unknown status as BAD option to uncheck it, because i do not want unkwon statuses to execute actions. Can edit action in any way to not to send e-mail when status is unknown or can i edit test to not treat unknwown as BAD?

Thank fir your help,

Gerhard
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Treat Unknown status as Bad" option is located on "Optional status processing" area at the bottom of "Test Properties" window. By default, this area is hidden, so you should click onto "plus" sign ([+]) to open it.

Regards,
Max
Gerhard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max,

i have read this aswell in an other topic, but when i expand these test properties i do not see the ' treat unknown status as BAD' option. The only option that comes up is synchronize counters. Maybe i can send you an e-mail with a print screen?

Regards Gerhard.
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerhard wrote:
i have read this aswell in an other topic, but when i expand these test properties i do not see the ' treat unknown status as BAD' option. The only option that comes up is synchronize counters.
I assume, you have clicked onto another "plus" sign. You have to click onto "[+]" that is located in the bottom-right corner of the "Test Properties" window and belongs to "Optional status processing" area. "Optional status processing" area is located exactly under "synchronize counters" and "synchronize status & alerts" checkboxes.

Gerhard wrote:
Maybe i can send you an e-mail with a print screen?
Sure. You may send screen-shots to support@ks-soft.net

Regards,
Max
Gerhard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max,

I found it, there is a second little + button on the right side of the test properties screen. Thanks for your help.

Regards, Gerhard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: