KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Export statistics to word/excel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niels Kinkel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:56 am    Post subject: Export statistics to word/excel Reply with quote

In our organisation there are many diffrent people responsible for the diffrent test items. So I would like to mail around a list of disabled tests and acknowledged alerts to everyone every once in a while so everyone can check for themselves and fix their tests. This is currently not possible.

I would also like to be able to use excel or another such program to create a personalised view of the alert logs. The log analyser is good for monitoring but not for making reports.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In our organisation there are many diffrent people responsible for the diffrent test items. So I would like to mail around a list of disabled tests and acknowledged alerts to everyone every once in a while so everyone can check for themselves and fix their tests. This is currently not possible

I think this is possible. You may setup HostMonitor to create reports and send report as e-mail attachment.
Report Manager: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#profiles.htm#Reports
Send e-mail action: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#actions.htm#actEMail

There are various options that allow you to generate reports and start action. E.g.
- you may use built in Scheduler (Options dialog)
- you may use "Generate reports every N min" and "Execute action profile when complete" options located on Reports page in the Options dialog
- also you may use similar options located in Folder Properties dialog. In such case you will be able to setup different set of reports for each folder.

Quote:
I would also like to be able to use excel or another such program to create a personalised view of the alert logs. The log analyser is good for monitoring but not for making reports

Excel? I don't think HostMonitor should work with Excel directly.
If you want to use some 3rd party software to analyze log records, use ODBC logging: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#options.htm#odbclog

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: