KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

midnight log

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
csk026

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: midnight log Reply with quote

Hi
I used to log test change using mode:
"write a record when test status changes + midnight login (Midnight)"
Every night a record is written to the log file except to the month's first midnight (such as 1-july-2007).

thank you in advance.

KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have any problem with software, please tell us what version of the software do you use?
Have you played with system time around 1st July? Probably monitoring was not started at this time?

Regards
Alex
csk026

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: "write a record when test status changes + midnight log Reply with quote

Hi
Current installed Hostmonitor version is 6.80.
Hostmonitor is running all the time ( it used for alert and for 5Nine's statistics).
The logs includes records for each date but does not include the records for the first day of the month (7/1/2007,6/1/2007,5/1/2007,4/1/2007,3/1/2007,2/1/2007)
(1/1/2007 Midnight records are found on the log).

Regards
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cannot reproduce such problem using version 6.80.
Actually "midnight logging" module does not care about date, it checks system time. If it works fine on June 31st, it must work fine on July 1st as well.

Probably problem caused by some 3rd party application that freezes your system for several minutes every 1st night, each month. If HostMonitor cannot record log between 12:00:00am - 12:00:30am (30 sec interval), it does not record midnight log at all (this night).
Also I assume you have installed that program in January 2007 (according to your log).

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can not find any activities that can stop the Hostmonitor at 1st Midnight. But on the Folder of 5Nin's tests I marked reset the statistics monthly every 1st at 00:00.
By the way according the log files I used Hostmonitor since 2005 .

H'm... could you send your configuration files (*.LST, *.INI and HML file with tests) to support@ks-soft.net? We will try to reproduce the problem

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: