KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Unique ID of a Test:

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mos-eisley

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Unique ID of a Test: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am looking at the description of the %TestID% macro:

"Represents unique ID of the test. TestID is always unique within an HML file"

Does this mean that:

1. The ID is a constant for each test in the tree

or

2. A sequencenumber for each test done, like 1,2,3,4 ......n

What I am looking for is binding a test entry (one single performed test) together with an SMS sendt, the performance of the test makes an entry in my database, and a action on the test also makes and entry in my database, so I want a "key" to say, this test spawned this SMS.

Hope that this is understandable(?)
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Unique ID of a Test: Reply with quote

mos-eisley wrote:
1. The ID is a constant for each test in the tree
Correct.
When you create a test, HostMonitor assigns unique number to the test - TestID. This number represents the test until the test will be deleted. Unlike TestName, you cannot change TestID.

mos-eisley wrote:
What I am looking for is binding a test entry (one single performed test) together with an SMS sendt, the performance of the test makes an entry in my database, and a action on the test also makes and entry in my database, so I want a "key" to say, this test spawned this SMS.
Performed test does not have the sequence ID and TestID does not represent the sequence of the performed tests. Probably, you may use other statistical information, like: %TotalTests%, %FailedCnt%, %PassedCnt%, etc.

Regards,
Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: