UserList removed or damaged! All operations restricted!

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
dimmyr

UserList removed or damaged! All operations restricted!

Post by dimmyr »

I installed a new motherboard in my computer and now I am getting this error: "UserList removed or damaged! All operations restricted!" when attempting to start Hostmon 5.38.

I tried to install an upgrade, but it errors out.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Could you send users.lst file to support@ks-soft.net?

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

File you have sent is not damaged. HostMonitor 5.38 cannot load the file because file was created by HostMonitor version 5.50 or higher. So, you should use HostMonitor version 5.50+

On the other hand error "UserList removed or damaged! All operations restricted!" could mean you do not have the file in HostMonitor directory at all.
So, what is going on on your system? You have HostMonitor (v 5.38)without configuration files in one directory and you have configuration files from different version of HostMonitor (5.50 or higher) in another directory?
I believe new motherboard cannot lead to such mess. Somebody played with files :o

Regards
Alex
dimmyr

Post by dimmyr »

You are right. I had 6.x on it. I just realised what happened. Prior to replacing the motherboard I did a restored to an earlier restore point before I upgraded the executable. It must have restored just the executable that was tied to the service. So how do I fix this?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Well, if you have old exe modules and new configuration files, download newer Advanced Host Monitor and install it using "Update/Repair" mode.
Do you remember what version have you used? If not, please provide your registration name and/or order number, we will find out what version you may use.

Regards
Alex