KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

URL test problem after upgrade to version 6.42c
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9,000 checks - one of test items returned "Timeout" error just once and then come back to "Host is alive".
Looks like we cannot reproduce the problem on this machine. Will setup these tests on different machine.

Could you setup HostMonitor on clean system? Really clean, without antivirus or other 3rd party software?

Regards
Alex
JuergenF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
9,000 checks - one of test items returned "Timeout" error just once and then come back to "Host is alive".
Looks like we cannot reproduce the problem on this machine. Will setup these tests on different machine.

I don't have that problem currently. I don't think it's a problem of number of tests. Maybe a problem of time - or whatever.
Just let the test run for a while if possible (as service ?!)
KS-Soft wrote:
Could you setup HostMonitor on clean system? Really clean, without antivirus or other 3rd party software?

Not easily. And as I said.
Quote:
I have several URL/HTTP tests, all were working fine, except this one.
The same problem - with the same test - happened before and was fixed by restarting the service.

When I have the problem again, I'll try the same test from my notebook (with TrendMicro)
Maybe I can try from clean VMware then too.

Many thanks

Juergen
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I saw "no answer" status and I thought we have reproduced the problem. However HostMonitor works fine, your server really does not respond to https://www.demag-shop.com/dcc/index.html?Mandant=0040004 requests (since 2:31am Eastern Time = GMT -5:00).
Server still accepts TCP connections and responds to https://www.demag-shop.com request.

Regards
Alex
JuergenF

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Today I saw "no answer" status and I thought we have reproduced the problem. However HostMonitor works fine, your server really does not respond to https://www.demag-shop.com/dcc/index.html?Mandant=0040004 requests (since 2:31am Eastern Time = GMT -5:00).
Server still accepts TCP connections and responds to https://www.demag-shop.com request.

Regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

yes there is a problem with that server. But it's not THE problem I'm talking about. This time there is no connection at all even performing a manual test with IE6 from the HM Server doesn't work. May not be fixed before monday I fear.

In the meantime I've heard that there is a general problem with that server. There is a software running called BEA WebLogic Server.

From my point of view forget about any more testing until that BEA problem is fixed. I'll let you know if my problem still exist after that.

Many thanks for all the time you spended on that issue.

Juergen
JuergenF

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Test HTTP also fail Reply with quote

JuergenF wrote:
KS-Soft Europe wrote:
What exact Web Server serves the web site you monitor? IIS? Appache? Any other? Juergen, could you provide the same information please?

Since yesterday the Website is not accessable at all.
The server is located at a provider site. At the moment I can't answer those questions. I'll try to find out (or may a Wireshark trace answer the questions, when the site is running again ?)

Regards

Juergen

Latest news about my first problem.
The test is running fine when the MTU size is reduced. It took some time to find that out and therefore it looked strange for a long time.
So in this case I can definetly say:
It's not a HM problem.

Again many thanks for the great support and time you spended on that.

Best regards

Juergen
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MTU Ok, I am glad it works now
You are welcome

Regards
Alex
JuergenF

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JuergenF wrote:
KS-Soft wrote:

Regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

yes there is a problem with that server. But it's not THE problem I'm talking about. This time there is no connection at all even performing a manual test with IE6 from the HM Server doesn't work. May not be fixed before monday I fear.

In the meantime I've heard that there is a general problem with that server. There is a software running called BEA WebLogic Server.

From my point of view forget about any more testing until that BEA problem is fixed. I'll let you know if my problem still exist after that.

Many thanks for all the time you spended on that issue.

Juergen

Just to give you a feedback.
It works fine for some weeks now.

Many thanks

Juergen
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: