KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA TCP Test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: RMA TCP Test Reply with quote

If I set up a TCP Test to make sure my RMA agent is loaded and responding I am getting OK result 100% of the time. I believe this is a false-positive since the external IP I am testing against is the firewall which is replying to the TCP Test instead.

Can I include any data on the test to check for a specific reply value from the RMA agent?
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Re: RMA TCP Test Reply with quote

johnm wrote:
If I set up a TCP Test to make sure my RMA agent is loaded and responding I am getting OK result 100% of the time. I believe this is a false-positive since the external IP I am testing against is the firewall which is replying to the TCP Test instead.
Why do you think so? Some tests, that are performed by RMA, show "Unknown" status and "RMA: Connection error" reply?

johnm wrote:
Can I include any data on the test to check for a specific reply value from the RMA agent?
I do not think, it is possible. Communication between RMA and HostMonitor is encrypted (MD5 + Twofish encryption) and password protected.

Regards,
Max
johnm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok maybe I am not setting up the TCP test correctly.

Instead, can you instruct on the parameters of a TCP test to check if the RMA is working?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To verify that network connection can be established (RMA is running and no firewall blocks connections), use the following test settings
- test by: HostMonitor
- test method: TCP
- host: hostname or IP address of the system where RMA is running
- port: 1055 (if you are using default port)

To verify that RMA accepts connections, accepts password and encryption, performs the tests and sends reply back to HostMonitor, use the following test settings
- test by: name of the agent
- test method: Ping
- host: 127.0.0.1

So, what exactly do you need? If you want to setup some Master test to verify RMA functionality, use 2nd method (ping by RMA)

Regards
Alex
johnm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, 2nd method is what I wanted.

Thanks Much! :lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: