KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Stop 'bad' message from sending over and over

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe-Vis

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:02 pm    Post subject: Stop 'bad' message from sending over and over Reply with quote

Is there a way to stop the 'bad' message from going out over and over when the problem is not fixed. For example, we are having a WAN problem right now where the pings are failing most of the time, but we may get a few back occasionally. That resets the recurrences counter so when the bad status recurres x number of times we get another bad message. We never got a good message because it was never up long enough to be considered good. I know you can set the good message to only be sent if a bad message was sent but cannot find something that would be more or less the reverse of that. example....Dont send me another bad message unless you have sent me a good message.

Thanks
Joe
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know you can set the good message to only be sent if a bad message was sent but cannot find something that would be more or less the reverse of that

HostMonitor does not provide such option. Usually "bad" actions more important then "good" one...
As I understand simply "Test: Pause" function is not good enogh in your case. Right?

What about "advanced mode" action and expression like ('%SimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and (%Recurrences%==1) and (%PreviousStatusDuration_Sec% > 600)?
Action will be started when test status changes to "bad" and pevious status (good or unknown) was not changed for 10 or more minutes

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: