Using Host Monitor to send Wake On Lan packets

General chat about HostMonitor
lr

Using Host Monitor to send Wake On Lan packets

Post by lr »

Is there any way to use Host Monitor to send WOL packets to a computer's MAC address to start up a computer that has been shut down but the has the ability wake up on LAN signal?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

HostMonitor does not have this function. If you find some 3rd party utility, you will be able to start it using "Execute external program" action.

Regards
Alex
badkarma

WOL client

Post by badkarma »

You could try this:

http://ahh.sourceforge.net/wol/

Small and simple...
Enjoy.
intersol

Post by intersol »

I thin the thing you search (win32 command line version - not some .net or gui version) for it's at
http://www.gammadyne.com/cmdline.htm

The real question every admin has is how do we add custom commands for:
- SSH
- VNC
- RDC (RemoteDesktop)
- Telnet
- WOL (wake on lan)

We know that all these can be called using IP, MAC, PASSWORD but where to store these information in hostmonitor in order to make it work?

It's a bit strange that i don't really find a place to write them. Is the use of 4 comments field the only solution? Can they be renamed in order to have proper names like %MAC%. %IP%, ....?
[/list]
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

intersol wrote:I thin the thing you search (win32 command line version - not some .net or gui version) for it's at
http://www.gammadyne.com/cmdline.htm
Yes, thank you. That utilities might be very usefull.
intersol wrote: The real question every admin has is how do we add custom commands for:
- SSH
- VNC
- RDC (RemoteDesktop)
- Telnet
- WOL (wake on lan)

We know that all these can be called using IP, MAC, PASSWORD but where to store these information in hostmonitor in order to make it work?

It's a bit strange that i don't really find a place to write them. Is the use of 4 comments field the only solution? Can they be renamed in order to have proper names like %MAC%. %IP%, ....?
On the one hand it really looks a bit strange, but on the other hand, using "comments" covers all test and alert profiles in common. Any comments make sense only to you. E.g. for certain test you have defined %MAC_Adress% variable and use it in certain Action profile. Everithing is Ok, but what happens if you assign such profile to the test, which does not have %MAC_Adress% variable defined? If you have many tests and alert profies it is very easy to imagine such situation. So, I think, "comments" provide a common unify way to store custom information and have some definite advantages.

Regards,
Max
intersol

Post by intersol »

Sorry but for what test do you define %MAC_Address% - there is no such variable in the documentation.
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

intersol wrote:Sorry but for what test do you define %MAC_Address% - there is no such variable in the documentation.
Sorry for misunderstanding. There is no such variable in documentation.
It was just an example, what would happen, if you could define your own variable names instead of %TestComment%, %CommentLine1%, etc. Just an example.

It is supposed, that using "comments" variables is the only solution.

Regards,
Max