KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Backup RMA Agent

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
simonl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:25 pm    Post subject: Backup RMA Agent Reply with quote

I have some problem with Backup RMA Agent. When it's running as backup after failure of primary agent its return statistics from machine when it was installed not from when it's running as backup. Do you have any idea why?
HM version 6.02.
OS version where HM installed Windows 2000.
OS version where RMA agent installed Windows 2003 server.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have some problem with Backup RMA Agent. When it's running as backup after failure of primary agent its return statistics from machine when it was installed not from when it's running as backup. Do you have any idea why?

"when it was installed not from when it's running"? What do you mean?
If you have installed agent on systemA, it is running on systemA. I mean system "where it was installed" == system "where it is running".

System that is checked by test item is specified in Test Properties dialog. If you have not specified name or address of the system but you have used "localhost" or "127.0.0.1", then agent will request system where it is running. So, if you are using several agents, you should directly specify the system that you want to check

Regards
Alex
simonl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 12 agents running on 12 different machines and I'm using 6 of them as backup of other 6. All the name was specified on backup agent configuration window as dns server name which is also rma agent name.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am talking about Test configuration
http://www.ks-soft.net/images/hostmon3/tedit1.gif

Regards
Alex
simonl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On test configuration each RMA agent configured to check local tests (local disk space for example but when it's running as backup it's returning local value of free space not from another machine where it's running as backup)
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Drive Free Space returns information about local system. Use UNC test instead and provide name of the server

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: