KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Enter a long list of tests

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lypertrophie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject: Enter a long list of tests Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm sorry about this question but I didn't find anything about it whit the search otpion ...

Well I'd like to know if it is possible to enter a long list of tests otherwise than one by one.

Thanks for your help !

Lypertrophie
Igorek

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Menu File -> Import from Text File
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well I'd like to know if it is possible to enter a long list of tests otherwise than one by one.

There are various options, depends on what exactly do you need.

1) If you want to create set of Ping or TCP test items for entire network, you may type a range of IP addresses (e.g. 123.123.123.1 - 123.123.123.254) instead of a single address. In this case, HostMonitor will create a separate test for each of the addresses within that range.

2) If you have some database and you want to create test list using data from that database, Import function should be useful.
There is sample of import file: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/examples/import1.htm

3) If you have set of tests for single system and you need similar test items for other hosts, use Replicator: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/replicator/index.htm

4) If you need to setup test items manually but you don't want to leave Test Properties dialog, then use "New test" button instead of "Ok" button

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: