Setting alert schedules.

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
djheath

Setting alert schedules.

Post by djheath »

Hi,

I would like to know if its possible to set up certain alerts to only be used during a specific schedule/time of day. For example, we have a ping test that during the hours of 7 - 6 can alert a failure by sending out an email. However, out of these hours we would like the alert to be to another email address to send alerts to as an SMS phone. As the SMS provider charges us for the amount of SMS/emails sent, we only want to send via SMS when absolutely necessary and we cannot be alerted by other means. During the day we can monitor emails so SMS is not necessary.

Is there a way to change alerts to different times of day or is the solution simple to have two tests running, with different alerts, each set to run at the corresponding times of the day?

Thanks.

David.
Yoorix

Re: Setting alert schedules.

Post by Yoorix »

djheath wrote:I would like to know if its possible to set up certain alerts to only be used during a specific schedule/time of day. For example, we have a ping test that during the hours of 7 - 6 can alert a failure by sending out an email.
Sure, schedules can be applied to actions the same way they were used for tests. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... #TimeRestr
djheath wrote:Is there a way to change alerts to different times of day or is the solution simple to have two tests running, with different alerts, each set to run at the corresponding times of the day?
Anyway, you do not need two different tests. For certain test you should create two different alert actions, and for each action specify e-mail address to send email and shedules, using Time restriction option.

Regards,
Yoorix
djheath

Post by djheath »

Brilliant. never noticed the schedule option. Thats exactly what I need.

Thanks.