KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Reports to show all test results including subfolders

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucy

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 2:39 am    Post subject: Reports to show all test results including subfolders Reply with quote

I have read your response to Quantum's problem "Cascading logs vs not cascading logs". I'm facing similar issue. I have folders with subfolders like this:

State1
- City1
--- test1, test2 etc
- City2
--- test1, test2 etc
State2
- City3
--- test1, test2 etc
- City4
--- test1, test2 etc

I need to create state level reports (including all tests for all citys in the state) and also city level reports (for all tests in the city).

I found that if I enable the city level report (use folder's own report setting), then I lose the city in the state report. I have tried your recommendation:
Quote:
There is undocumented option - add "AlwaysWithSubfolders=1" line into [Reports] section of the hostmon.ini file and restart HostMonitor.
But it does not work for me. I'm using version 5.92. Is there anyway to make this work?

Thank you...
Lucy
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly means "does not work on me"? No reports at all? No city in the state report?
Have you restarted HostMonitor after you made changes in hostmon.ini file? Are you sure you did not make mistake in the ini file?

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2006 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW:
how do you generate the report? Using global Reports options in Options dialog? Or you are using "Generate reports" action? Or you are using Folder level options?
AlwaysWithSubfolders option has effect on global reports only.
If you are using "Generate reports" action, then select "Folder and subfolders" option.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: