KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

automatically create different report(s)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leoneri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: automatically create different report(s) Reply with quote

Hi, I am just new to AHM. I'm using AHM ver.4.86 evaluation version. We plan to buy the full registered after we sure that AHM is the product we need. Even though, I already impress by the capability of this product and how you support it over the forum.

I use AHM to monitor several servers that still in one area. The tests are ping tests, service tests, and database tests (Oracle and MSSQL).

I met with some problems that I can't solve by myself related to creating logs and reports. I've read this forum but I just cannot figured out what should I do.. You see, I want to configure AHM so it can:
Quote:

1. generate report every week in specified day.
2. for every week, the report generated is different with the report from previous week (so the report from the previous week won't be overwritten)
3. the statistic will be reset/refresh to zero for every week after a report generated.
4. create chart of alive time and dead time, alive % and dead % over time including the trend.
5. create one monthly report from all the weekly reports

can you please tell me what should I do so I can accomplish all those tasks?

For number 1, I already try to:
Quote:

1. Create custom Report Profile (but still using standard html) but with external header & footer.
2. Create custom Action Profiles with Action Properties set to generate report for specific folder, recursive mode "Folder & subfolders with inherited settings", with condition to start action is "on schedule". The schedule is also customized where I give check on Friday at 08.00 o'clock.
3. Then on specified folder, on the Folder Properties window, I check on one report profile e.g. the report profile I mention above, in specified path. the report is in html format.
4. Then in Options --> Scheduler, I create a schedule to execute action profile described above, weekly every friday at 08.00 o'clock. and Save.

But after waiting for days... the report doesn't generated...

Please help...

Best Regards,
leoneri
leoneri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yea, I forgot few things. I ran AHM as service with local system account on Windows Server 2003 and configure it remotely (I don't know whether these informations is useful but I'd rather give it).

Thanks again...
Yoorix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At first, I think you should read the manual.
Logs & Reports: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#logs.htm#log
Profiles: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#profiles.htm
Actions: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#actions.htm

Regards,
Yoorix
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi, I am just new to AHM. I'm using AHM ver.4.86 evaluation version.

What the reason to evaluate that old version?

Quote:
Even though, I already impress by the capability of this product and how you support it over the forum.

Thank you

Quote:
generate report every week in specified day.
2. for every week, the report generated is different with the report from previous week (so the report from the previous week won't be overwritten)
3. the statistic will be reset/refresh to zero for every week after a report generated.

You may do the following
- setup list of reports on Reports page in the Folder Properties dialog (use Root folder if you need to include all tests in the report). Specify date macro variables in the file name, e.g. %ww% represents week number, so the report from the previous week won't be overwritten
- mark "Reset statistics weekly" option in Folder Properties dialog
- mark "Execute action profile before reset statistics" option on the same page
- create alert profile, add "Generate reports" action into the profile

Quote:
4. create chart of alive time and dead time, alive % and dead % over time including the trend.

HostMonitor does not generate charts. Log Analyzer does
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm

Quote:
create one monthly report from all the weekly reports

This is impossible. You cannot generate reports using some other reports as data source.
But you may generate reports for different time intervals using log files as data source. Again, use Log Analyzer

Quote:
But after waiting for days... the report doesn't generated...

Could you check Nt Event Log? Do you use "Evaluation" message from HostMonitor? For evaluation purposes its better to start HostMonitor in application mode.

Quote:
I ran AHM as service with local system account on Windows Server 2003 and configure it remotely (I don't know whether these informations is useful but I'd rather give it).

How exactly do you configure it remotelly? Using our Remote Control Console? Using Terminal Service and starting 2nd instance of HostMonitor in application mode? Using some 3rd party software like PCAnywhere?

Regards
Alex
leoneri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick response.

Quote:

What the reason to evaluate that old version?

Well, the version installed on the server that I should evaluate is the 4.86. I'm not the decision maker... but I will suggest to my boss to evaluate the newest then..

Quote:

Could you check Nt Event Log? Do you use "Evaluation" message from HostMonitor? For evaluation purposes its better to start HostMonitor in application mode.

Could you please tell me what should I find from NtEvent Log specifically, and for what reason? Hmmm.. I don't quite understand what do you mean by --"Evaluation" message-- could you please tell me in more detail?

Quote:

How exactly do you configure it remotelly? Using our Remote Control Console? Using Terminal Service and starting 2nd instance of HostMonitor in application mode? Using some 3rd party software like PCAnywhere?

I'm just using "mstsc" from Microsoft Windows XP. And yes, I start 2nd instance of HostMonitor in application mode. Then after finish changing any configuration, I restart the service mode.

And for all other suggestion I will try it in this morning. -- It still 03.00 AM now in here --

Thanks, and
Best regards,
leoneri
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, the version installed on the server that I should evaluate is the 4.86. I'm not the decision maker... but I will suggest to my boss to evaluate the newest then..

Tell your boss we will not fix any problems that may occur with this version (if any).

Quote:
Could you please tell me what should I find from NtEvent Log specifically, and for what reason? Hmmm.. I don't quite understand what do you mean by --"Evaluation" message-- could you please tell me in more detail?

Ok, lets refrase the question - do you see any messages from HostMonitor in NT Event Log?
Evaluation (not registered) version may suspend monitoring and report generation until you close "evaluation" window. That's why its better to evaluate software in application mode.

Quote:
I'm just using "mstsc" from Microsoft Windows XP. And yes, I start 2nd instance of HostMonitor in application mode. Then after finish changing any configuration, I restart the service mode.

This may lead to some configuration problems... better stop service before starting application.
That's another reason to install new version and use RCC.

Regards
Alex
leoneri

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You may do the following
- create alert profile, add "Generate reports" action into the profile

OK, I follow all the suggested tasks, in the end I added the default "reports" action profile, but after finish, there is a pop-up window says
Quote:
Warning
Selected action profile does not contain any "scheduled" action

Is it means that we have to define the schedule in the "reports" action profile? This is confuses me. Isn't the time to create reports is already stated as an action that is depend on the schedule to resetting statistics?

Thanx.

Best Regards,
leoneri
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the manual about "on the schedule" actions
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#actions.htm#properties

Regards
Alex
leoneri

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, the report is work now. I set it as you say and the stats reset and generate report automatically. I'm using now the ver 5.92 and registered. I also check the NTEvent log and it's true, the evaluation ver. is truly stop monitoring and generate report when the "evaluation" window is popping out.

There is also few things confuses me, but maybe I'll post them on another (new) threads.

Thanks to all, especially Alex for the help.

Best regards,
leoneri
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: