KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Check/Analyse the user-logins of microsoft

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TJB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject: Check/Analyse the user-logins of microsoft Reply with quote

Dear sirs,

my new task of a IT-Security-Officer is to check unregulary or failure Log-In of our network-users (microsoft XP User).
Is 'Advanced Host Monitor Enterprise' able to analyse the log-in-tables from microsoft ? Is it possible to check the tables with different parameters, i.e. I want to see illegal log-in-trial for users which are absent (in holiday, ill).
And I want to see all done Admin-changes in a daily turnus rhythm.
Please be so kind and give me advices (asap).

Many thanks * goodbye
TJB
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is 'Advanced Host Monitor Enterprise' able to analyse the log-in-tables from microsoft ?

Log-in-tables? Windows provides some log in tables? I think Windows can record info into NT Event Log, that's it.

Quote:
Is it possible to check the tables with different parameters, i.e. I want to see illegal log-in-trial for users which are absent (in holiday, ill).

How HostMonitor knows what user is ill?

Regards
Alex
TJB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Quote:
Is 'Advanced Host Monitor Enterprise' able to analyse the log-in-tables from microsoft ?

Log-in-tables? Windows provides some log in tables? I think Windows can record info into NT Event Log, that's it.

Quote:
Is it possible to check the tables with different parameters, i.e. I want to see illegal log-in-trial for users which are absent (in holiday, ill).

Regards
Alex

Quote:
Windows provides some log in tables? I think Windows can record info into NT Event Log, that's it.

Many thanks for your answers.
With your comment 'that's it' do you mean that 'Advanced Host Monitor' is able to analyse all events in the NT Event Log with a huge choice of parameters ?

Quote:

... in this case I want to give the analyse-tool a list of names and the period. - Is that possible ?

Regard TJB
Yoorix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should read manual to get more information regarding EventLog test.
Read the following article, pls. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#chkNTLog

Regards,
Yoorix
TJB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Yoorix"]I think you should read manual to get more information regarding EventLog test.
Read the following article, pls. http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#chkNTLog

Regards,
Yoorix

Thanks for your advice to your article. This help me to answer all my question and give me a clear picture of the functions.

Regards,
TJB

Surely, I'll will ask more after install and using the HostMonitor-licence
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Other All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: