timer problems when test are made dependant of each other.

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
zendesigner

timer problems when test are made dependant of each other.

Post by zendesigner »

HI alex,

I have following problem

Our hostmonitor servers are setup to perform an automated import routine.

I've got test 1 to check the hml file to see how old it is. if it's older then 5 minutes it alerts "bad" an triggers a query on a database.

From that moment test 2 and 3 need to become alive to import the file (list with new tests) the query generates.
SO i made test 2,3 dependant on test 1 WITHOUT synchronizing counter or alerts !

Now test 1 it's timer is set to perform the test every three minutes.
test 2 and 3 their timers are set to perform their test every 20 seconds.
From the moment i make test 2 and 3 depandent on TEST 1:

TEST 1 starts to perform it's test to the schedule of tests 2 and 3 , meaning every 20 seconds instead of every 3 minutes.

This screws up my entire timing routine./ As i've had problems with timing already since version 5.3 i guess this might have been around for a while.

Currently we're using 5.70.

Thanks for looking into this :wink:

Bart
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

TEST 1 starts to perform it's test to the schedule of tests 2 and 3 , meaning every 20 seconds instead of every 3 minutes.
That's right. Please look at "Consider status of the master test obsolete after N seconds" option that is located on Behavior page in the Options dialog.

Truth to say I do not understand why do you need test 2 and 3. Why test 1 cannot start HM Script and import new tests right away?

Regards
Alex