Sub Folder coloring

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
mikepiet

Sub Folder coloring

Post by mikepiet »

Hi there,

I have a simple setup, the top folder then a subfolder for each server type, domain controller, file server, mail servers.

I was hoping to identify each sub folder with a different color. I right click on the subfolder in the left pane and choose the option for "Choose folders own color setting" and make the change as I wanted.

The problem is this, the subfolder color will change in the left pane but in the right pane, the color still inherits the color from the top most folder.

It's weird that the folder will apply the color in the left hand pane but not in the right hand pane.

Is this normal or am I missing something. Thanks and have a great weekend.

Mike
Yoorix

Post by Yoorix »

First question is what version of HM do you use?

[quote]The problem is this, the subfolder color will change in the left pane but in the right pane, the color still inherits the color from the top most folder.[/quote]

Do you mean that background color of right pane is not changed?
If yes, you should set the apropriate color scheme in Options > Interface pane.

Regards,
Yoorix
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Background color of the window depends on global settings (Options dialog). While folder may setup color for its own test items...
Or may be we misunderstand the problem? In such case please send screen shot to support@ks-soft.net

Regards
Alex
mikepiet

Post by mikepiet »

Hello gentlemen,

Thank you for the replies. Let's see if I can explain the request a little better. I am running version 5.66 and wish to make my sub-folders specific colors.

So for instance, if my folder structure looks like this...

<HealthServices> (black)
<Application Servers>
<Mail Servers>
<Misc Tests>

I would like my colors for the subfolders to be displayed differently in the right side pane, not just in the folder list. For instance it would look like...
<> = denotes a folder

<HealthServices> (black)
<Application Servers> (Blue)
Some tests (light blue)
<Mail Servers> (green)
Some tests (light green)
<Misc Tests> (Orange)
Some tests (light orange)

Alex, I will email you a screen shot and perhaps that will explain it better.

Thank again,

Michael