KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Reporting and email to site administrators

View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reporting and email to site administrators Reply with quote

I've gone through and setup some a few of the sites we need to monitor in the following form:

Company
-Site 1
-- (Site 1) - Test #1
-- (Site 1) - Test #2
-- (Site 1) - Test #3
-Site 2
-- (Site 2) - Test #1
-- (Site 2) - Test #2
-- (Site 2) - Test #3

and so on. What I want to be able to do is create the reports from the "log analyzer" (with graphs) and send the report to the administrators of the respective sites. Is this possible? and if so how do I go about it?

With the "Log Analyzer" is there any easier way to filter for tests? for example when I set up the test for a site, I always include the site name as part of test name. Maybe a filter could use some text in the test name. As it appears right now, each time I add a test I have to manually add it to the whitelist. Or can the "log analyzer" use the tree structure to create reports instead of using "whitelisting"?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and so on. What I want to be able to do is create the reports from the "log analyzer" (with graphs) and send the report to the administrators of the respective sites. Is this possible? and if so how do I go about it?

Unfortunately Log Analyzer cannot group test items in some specific order. It will be implemented later.

If you need just e-mail with report, create action profile with 2 actions:

1) "Run HM Script" action. Put just one command into script: "ExecuteProgram 20000 path_to_LA\Logsman.exe -script:path_to_script_file -log:optional_script_log"

2) "Send e-mail" action. Specify name of the report file as attachment.
But you cannot send all graphs in the mail. Graphs stored in separate gif files. Unless you zip all report files (html, gif)...

But I think its better to publish such reports on the web.

Quote:
As it appears right now, each time I add a test I have to manually add it to the whitelist.

Right

Quote:
Or can the "log analyzer" use the tree structure to create reports instead of using "whitelisting"?

Not yet. But I hope it will be implemented

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: