KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA wont start, says it's running, it's not!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LordJezo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:24 am    Post subject: RMA wont start, says it's running, it's not! Reply with quote

We have this problem every so often on one of our servers. The RMA wont start because it says it is already running on the system.. thing is that it's not running, anywhere. I don't see it in the taskbar, the configuration tool has the service uninstalled, and I don't see anything listed in the task manager. If it is running someplace it's not running right because Hostmonitor can't see it and it wont respond to connection requests.

I have also tried logging off every user on the box and logging in straight from the console. It still wont respond and it still thinks it's running somewhere.

Is there a process name I can look for to see if it's stuck in memory or something I can do to force any zombie instances of the program to stop? I don't really want to have to reboot the machine (which takes a long time) just to get RMA running again.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likelly some other program uses TCP port specified for the agent. Use "netstat -a" or IP-Tools' Connection Monitor to check ports, or simply try to change port to some other.

BTW: What version of the agent do you use? This is my 1st question in responce to any problem.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: