KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Charts & Reports

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mutstiza

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Charts & Reports Reply with quote

I just downloaded the 30-day trial of the software and so far I like what I see. However, I have some questions on charts and reports that I couldn't figure out.

1. When I go to Log Analyzer, I click on a specific site and want to see a graph. When I go to full-screen chart, it displays the response time. I figured out how to change the time interval. However, how do I change the Y-axis. What if I want to view the % "Alive time" graphically rather than the response time. How do I go about doing that?

2. I know I can customize the fields to be displayed on the reports. However, is it possible to display that graphically?

3. Also can I do queries? Let's say I want to display all of the sites where the % "Dead Time" was less than or equal to 50% on a report. Is this possible?

I am still playing around with this so sorry if these questions have been brought up.

Thank you!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. When I go to Log Analyzer, I click on a specific site and want to see a graph. When I go to full-screen chart, it displays the response time. I figured out how to change the time interval. However, how do I change the Y-axis. What if I want to view the % "Alive time" graphically rather than the response time. How do I go about doing that?
2. I know I can customize the fields to be displayed on the reports. However, is it possible to display that graphically?

Log Analyzer generates charts based on "Reply" field because this is only field that may change after each probe.
"Alive Time" is statistical field that displays summarized value. How its possible to build chart using single number?

Quote:
3. Also can I do queries? Let's say I want to display all of the sites where the % "Dead Time" was less than or equal to 50% on a report. Is this possible?

You may setup some queries when you are using ODBC logging option. ODBC logs manager allows you to specify custom filters.
But its hard to setup query based on summarized fields because these fields calculated AFTER query is processes.
The only solution I see - use some stored procedure that will calculate summarized fields...
On the other hand, I think we can implement such option in future versions.

Regards
Alex
mutstiza

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response. I'll play around with the ODBC logging option.

In regards to the graph, I guess I should rephrase my question. I want to see a graph of all the sites and the % "Alive Time" for each site for the month of May for example. Is this possible?

I have another question in regards to the Log Analyzer. I noticed that I see everything I have in my root, but there are additional items in there that I do not care for. How can I remove those items from view?

Thanks again,
Linh
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In regards to the graph, I guess I should rephrase my question. I want to see a graph of all the sites and the % "Alive Time" for each site for the month of May for example. Is this possible?

I see. Sorry, its not possible in current version. We plan to implement such report in future versions.

Quote:
I noticed that I see everything I have in my root, but there are additional items in there that I do not care for. How can I remove those items from view?

Log Analyzer displays all test items on screen. For the report you may select some particular items using "White" or "Black" list in the Report Manager dialog

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: