KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

NT Eventlog notification

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have many machines to monitor and have some known errors that are thrown throught the day. My homegrown script allows me to report all warnings/errors except for a list of 1-10 known warning/error event ids. How can I imitate this in HostMonitor? Or do I need to rewrite my script to be used as an external procedure?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current version of HostMonitor can check some or all events, but cannot monitor all events except several specific.
You can use external program to perform test. But external program can return only ErrorLevel code, HostMonitor will not have information about event (like Event Description). In future versions will be implemented API and HostMonitor will be able to use external DLLs.

Regards
Alex
Dietrich

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I've given a little more thought to this, one could probably do this by cascading a bunch of tests (via dependancies) and only having the last one with the action. Icky, but might work.
OTOH, if I could get HM to mail/page the contents of a file, you would be able to get the external prog to do the monitoring and just have HM do the paging after it notices the existance of the file.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HM can mail specified file (use "Send e-mail" action and "Attach file" option), but it cannot page a file.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: