KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Access violation at address 77F8206B in module 'ntdll.dll'
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SIF

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 6:06 am    Post subject: Access violation at address 77F8206B in module 'ntdll.dll' Reply with quote

Full error is: "Access violation at address 77F8206B in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address 00000014".

We're having this issue while checking by ODBC some Oracle Servers. We have the DoNotUse_SqlFetchAbsolute=1 setting in hostmon.ini and we have updated MDAC to last 2.8 release for Windows 2000.

The problem started after we added some more ODBC checks to get some tablespace information. We're checking 4 Oracle databases. And after the crash the hostmon service crashes and don't restart automatically as we set it.

Is there any solution to this? as we need those tests and we can't find any solution in this forum.

Thanks in advance.

PS: we also udapted to last 5.12 release, could this be a problem?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think its related to version 5.12...
What ODBC driver do you use? I would recommend to use "Oracle ODBC driver", as I know it works better than "Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle".

Regards
Alex
SIF

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Oracle ODBC Driver from last release 9 client.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be its not ODBC related problem?
Could you try to disable ODBC tests and ODBC logging and check what happens?
If these tests are importand for you, could you install RMA (Remote Monitoring Agent) on the same system and setup HostMonitor to perform ODBC tests using this agent. You will need about 5 min to change configuration.

Regards
Alex
SIF

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course if I disable ODBC tests they won't give any more problems. In one configuration the RMA client is not supported (doesn't work), so is not a viable solution.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found information about similar problem with Oracle 8.1.6 and Oracle 7.3.3. Also I found solution for Oracle 7.3.3 - Oracle support recommends rename or remove the registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\OTRACE73
But I don't think this solution will work for Oracle 9 and I did not find necessary information about Oracle 9
Try to contact Oracle support team, may be they have solution

Regards
Alex
SIF

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt it as another application using ODBC in the same server is not having any trouble. They will tell me to contact the software manufacturer.

Do you have any RMA for Solaris 2.6 (SPARC)? Maybe I can try to move the checks to the server if we find a way to make RMA to work there.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have RMA for SPARC system, but I doubt it will work on solaris 2.6. It works on Solaris 8 and 9
And RMA for Solaris does not support ODBC test method.

We checked our source codes again, don't see any mistake in ODBC Query test method...

Regards
Alex
SIF

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So? We forgot about these checks?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May be you have different ODBC driver / Oracle client installed on some system? In this case you can install agent (Windows version) on that system and check how it works (using agent for tests execution)

Regards
Alex
SIF

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try that (but the client will be the same as it's the last version).
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have older version of the client?
May be you can try to use Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle? Usually native Oracle driver works more correctly, but may be in your case...

Regards
Alex
SIF

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Microsoft ODBC driver for Oracle doesn't work so we have to use the Oracle one and is still giving problems. There is no RMA ODBC test for Solaris and HostMonitor even crashes sometimes when this error occurs. It's a shame we paid that much for a product with such problems and not yet fixed.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very easy to return money - just tell me your order number.
Its hard to fix error that we cannot reproduce.
Its impossible to fix error in some 3rd party ODBC driver - sorry, we cannot do that

Regards
Alex
SIF

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We know it's easier to return money than fix things but as we said the ODBC driver doesn't have any problem. Don't you think it would be already reported by now? Do you think Oracle is not that used for them to realize there is a problem with their last Oracle 9 ODBC driver? Didn't you get our explanation that the same driver is used for an application made by us and never had any problems with it? That's the position we don't understand from you.

Yes, we're getting mad with this problem and even thinking of finding another solution to monitor our network but is not that easy. We already have like 500 test added and we use most of the features of the program so looking for an alternative is not that easy, and the amount of work to be put in switching would be a lot of money also. So for now we don't think it's a viable way.

Instead why don't you offer other ways? Like instead of ODBC allowing OLEDB (ADO) connections? Or just point us to ActiveScript? Is not that nice as it doesn't receive parameters and we have to make a script for each check but... oh well, could be a viable solution. Just have to test it. That's the behavior we expect from you when dealing with a customer that was satisfied until now.

Our only regret with HostMonitor is the way it works with NT Service and GUI module (one has to be shutdown to use the other). We never had an issue that couldn't be fixed until now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: