KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Auto Generating reports

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sbarak

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2002 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HM is awesome!

I have some IP addresses in which I am monitoring and have set auto generate privet reports in HTML every 10 min. I look back at the reports & only see a few entries here and there. I have set up the schedule for 24hr. When ever I click refresh, they all add entries to the report!

I need to have a privet report for each test showing statistics every 10 min. Am I doing something wrong?

I am running Windows 2000 SP3
HM 3.22

Thanks!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

>When ever I click refresh, they all add entries to the report!

H'm, do you create report or HTML log file? Could you please send example to our address line1@ks-soft.net?

Regards
Alex
Sbarak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, it is HTML logs!
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HostMonitor does not generate log files at regular interval. It records information into the log every time a test is performed or when some test changes status. To specify what information should be recorded use options located on Log Settings page in the Options dialog (if you use common log) or Default/Full/Brief options located in the Test Properties dialog (if you use private log for some test).

If you need to create reports at regular intervals use list of reports located on Reports page in the Options dialog. Also you can create separated list of reports for each folder (use Folder Properties dialog).

There are link to documentation, Log&Reports section http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#logs.htm

Regards
Alex
Sbarak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the first part you mentioned "It records information into the log every time a test is performed." So if I set the schedule for the test at every 10 minutes 24/7 shouldn't I see in the privet log a test result of every 10 minutes of 24 hrs each day?

I guess my question is, if you saw the file I sent you, why does it log info for that time & not the rest of the time?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-08-27 09:06, Sbarak wrote:
In the first part you mentioned "It records information into the log every time a test is performed." So if I set the schedule for the test at every 10 minutes 24/7 shouldn't I see in the privet log a test result of every 10 minutes of 24 hrs each day?

I guess my question is, if you saw the file I sent you, why does it log info for that time & not the rest of the time?

Also I noticed that the weekends are not included as well?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So if I set the schedule for the test at every 10 minutes 24/7 shouldn't I see in the privet log a test result of every 10 minutes of 24 hrs each day?

Yes, if you use "Save all information" option.
Quote:

As I see HostMonitor records information every 10 min but sometimes it does not record anything. Do you have registered version of HostMonitor or evaluation version? The unregistered version sometimes shows a registration dialog and stops monitoring until you close registration dialog.

Regards
Alex
Sbarak

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK that explains it, I did not register yet as I am still testing it out!

Thanks a lot for your help!

[ This Message was edited by: Sbarak on 2002-08-27 09:42 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: