KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Installing new version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rob Moore

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Installing new version Reply with quote

I just realized that I'm running a rather out of date version of HostMonitor--version 4.47 Beta. So I downloaded version 5.12. How do I install it and keep all my tests? (I've got nearly 400, and don't want to lose any of them.)

A second question: Are there any MS Exchange-specific tests? I particularly want to be able to monitor the length of my Exchange mail queues.

Thanks,
Rob
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do I install it and keep all my tests?

Quote from the manual:
Quote:

"Update/repair" mode - Use this option to update previously installed Advanced Host Monitor to a newer version while keeping all user settings unchanged. Also you may use this option to repair installed software when some files were removed by mistake or after virus attack.
Setup program will overwrite all executable modules of previously installed HostMonitor, help files, etc; all user settings will remain intact.

If you start setup program, you will see "Install / Update" selector right after initial prompt.

If you do not have license that is valid for version 5.12, I would recommend to install new version into different directory and then copy your settings (*.HML, *.LST, *.INI files). This way you will have working and testing copies.

Quote:
A second question: Are there any MS Exchange-specific tests? I particularly want to be able to monitor the length of my Exchange mail queues.

What about Performance Counter test method?

Regards
Alex
Rob Moore

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I have the Enterprise license, so that should be valid for version 5.12, right?

I'll try the Performance Monitor route. Thanks.

Rob
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks. I have the Enterprise license, so that should be valid for version 5.12, right?

May be. Enterprise license allows you to use updates and new releases within 12 months after purchase.

Regards
Alex
Rob Moore

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see that. I'm fairly certain I've owned it for over 12 months. How can I find out for sure? And how much will it cost me if I'm out of compliance and want to use the upgrade?

Thanks,
Rob
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How can I find out for sure?

Send request to sales@ks-soft.net. Please provide your order number or registration name.

Quote:
And how much will it cost me if I'm out of compliance and want to use the upgrade?

You may buy new Enterprise license with 50% discount
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/regmon.htm#upgrades

Regards
Alex
Rob Moore

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I've got the new version installed and everything. Is there an easy way to tell all my tests to start logging in the HostMonitor5\Logs folder? Or do I need to go through them one by one and change the log file location?

Thanks,
Rob
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using "Common" log, click menu Options, go to "Log settings" page and change path to the log.
If you are using "private" logs (different for each test), you may use Export function to create text file with test settings. Then use any text editor to replace path and import tests back into HMl file (use "Modify" import mode)

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: