About temperature monitor...

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
SONIAMR

About temperature monitor...

Post by SONIAMR »

Hi! I try to make a test using temperature monitor but I don't know exactly how it runs, I put the IP but then in the "probe" combo there's nothing. Maybe I have to install something in the computer? thanx
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Quote from the manual:
If you utilize temperature-sensing units from Sensatronics (http://www.sensatronics.com/products_te ... nitor.html), this test provides you with the ability to monitor temperature and to start alert actions when temperature is out of the specified range.
Do you have Sensatronics model E installed and connected to your network?

Regards
Alex
SONIAMR

Do you have Sensatronics model E installed and connected to

Post by SONIAMR »

we don't have this program installed. We are trying the program and I'm interested in a demo about this program. There's any demo available?
thanx
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Its not a program, its device (hardware). Please visit Sensatronics' web site

Regards
Alex
timn

Post by timn »

SONIAMR

Post by SONIAMR »

thanx both of you for the link. We are trying the demo and I don't know if my boss want to spend money in a new hardware but I'll tell him anyway.
thanx!!
Thomas

E4's and EM1

Post by Thomas »

We use a Sensatronics E4 and EM1 to monitor temps in our building and server room.

I'm using HM 5.12 and the Temperature test works fine with the EM1 but gives an error on the E4.

How can I test the E4 to get a temperature reading?

Bonus question <g>: Can you give an example of how to get the humidity reading from an EM1?

Many thanks!
Thomas
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Bonus question <g>: Can you give an example of how to get the humidity reading from an EM1?
To check EM-1 module you may use SNMP Get test method, where:
- OID for temperature probe should look like 1.3.6.1.4.1.16174.1.1.3.3.<group#>.4.0
- OID for humidity probe should look like 1.3.6.1.4.1.16174.1.1.3.3.<group#>.7.0
- OID for wetness probe should look like 1.3.6.1.4.1.16174.1.1.3.3.<group#>.10.0

where group# is number from 1 to 4

E.g. OID to check humidity on 1st probe: 1.3.6.1.4.1.16174.1.1.3.3.1.7.0
I'm using HM 5.12 and the Temperature test works fine with the EM1 but gives an error on the E4.
Could you please be more specific: what exactly error appears?

Regards
Alex
Thomas

Sensatronics

Post by Thomas »

Thanks for the humidity setup - worked great!

Host Monitor gives an error that says "Bad Contents" when I try to test the E4.

Thanks
Thomas
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Is it possible to access your device from internet?
If not, could you use web browser to retrieve data from the device and send data to support@ks-soft.net?

Regards
Alex
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Alex,

You can see the E4 at 63.96.6.250

Thanks,
Thomas
Thomas

Got it

Post by Thomas »

Never mind.. I thought I had it figured out. ;)

Thomas
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Would you like to share the solution?
May be somebody else has the same problem..

Regards
Alex
Thomas

Sorry..

Post by Thomas »

I origionally had wrote in that message that I found out a solution but it was not successful.

So, never mind. ;)))

I'm still working on it but I can't communicate with the device via SNMP for some reason. FWiw, The E4 and EM1 share the same OID accorinding to Sensatronics.

They have the MIB available for download on their website but I need an SNMP tool to really understand these things...

Thanks
Thomas
timn

Re: Sorry..

Post by timn »

Thomas wrote:They have the MIB available for download on their website but I need an SNMP tool to really understand these things...
I'll go ahead and promote my favorite tool for this purpose, OIDView from ByteSphere. The pro version is just under $300 and they have a huge online MIB database.

However, if you do not frequently use SNMP to explore devices at your site, this may be an unnecessary expense. Perhaps some other participants here could recommend free or lower-cost utilities.