KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA enumeration of available Services

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdventTech

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: RMA enumeration of available Services Reply with quote

I'm using RMA to monitor various systems, and for the most part RMA is functioning correctly. I have a question though, about how to enumerate or list the running Services on the remote system.

When a new test is created, and the proper Agent is selected, and the Test Method "Service" is selected, are all running Services on the remote system listed, or do I need to get the service name from the remote system using a different method?

I'm asking, because it's unclear to me whether the remote system is queried for it's list of available services.

Regards.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When a new test is created, and the proper Agent is selected, and the Test Method "Service" is selected, are all running Services on the remote system listed, or do I need to get the service name from the remote system using a different method

Yes, RMA provides list of services to HostMonitor when you click on drop-down list box.

Regards
Alex
AdventTech

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you VERY much for the prompt reply. This makes me feel better and better about selected HM for my remote monitoring.

The services (and processes) enumeration seems to work as described. I've already added some tests for running services and processes, and it seems to be functioning correctly.

Regards again.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: