Scripting Hostmonitor + updates while running

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
zendesigner

Scripting Hostmonitor + updates while running

Post by zendesigner »

Hi were looking into using hostmonitor for monitoring a large array of servers.

As we have so many server (bank) we need to be able to script the addition of servers to test into the applivation.

1) is this possible?

2) if so does the service needs to be restarted?

3) What would be the best way to do it ?

Thanks
Z
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Script should generate import file with information about test items you want to add or modify, file like this.
Then you may import information from text file manually (using menu File -> Import from text file) or automatically using some test to check for updates (e.g. "File Availability" test) and "Run HMS script" action with "ImportFromFile" command.

Regards
Alex
zendesigner

Post by zendesigner »

thanks alex , that put me on my way :)

Is there a way also to delete tests through this script as it doesn't seems to have a delete "testname" option in it?

Thanks for the help
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

HM script supports "deletetest" command, this is unofficial undocumented command. Use it only if you really need this command.

Regards
Alex
zendesigner

Post by zendesigner »

thanks alex, i'll have a look at it.

we would need it as hostmonitor would need to be populated by the release managements database. this database is updated daily with servers added and deleted.