KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Web statistic.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dubolomov

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Web statistic. Reply with quote

Hi.
I would like to use web interface for easy statistic information. For example create some users who can see only that tests which i permit.
I have more then 1000 tests, some of which need only for me (CPU load, number of connections, temperature, traffic, processes etc). Other must see only some tests and names of this tests can be no only as %TestName% but else as %CommentLine1%,%CommentLine2% etc.

Can you going to create making a graf in web interface? Like in "PRTG Traffic Monitor". It will be very usefull to see changes of traffic, temperature in selected period with page update every minute.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
For example create some users who can see only that tests which i permit

Then use "Home folder" property of the user profile.
Quote from the manual
==============
HostMonitor version 6 provides a "home folder" option that can be specified for each operator. If you do so, each operator will see test items within their own specified folder (and its subfolders) only. In this way, you may easily separate work/permissions between departments of a company. This option is located in the User Profiles dialog window.
==============

Quote:
Other must see only some tests and names of this tests can be no only as %TestName% but else as %CommentLine1%,%CommentLine2% etc.

Not sure I understand this phrase. User may select set of fields to view. What the problem?
Probably you want to show some fixed set of fields and hide other fields? Then use HTML reports instead of Web Service

Quote:
Can you going to create making a graf in web interface?

Yes, we will implement such option. Probably in version 7.0

Regards
Alex
Dubolomov

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, i see. Thanks.
But user can view all tests in selected folder. So i must create new folder and duplicate there tests for him with other names.

Example.
I have few tests:

England (folder)
London - GateWay (ping)
London - MS Server (ping)
London - MS Server CPU Load
London - MS Server ISA Server process
France (folder)
Paris - GateWay (ping)
Paris - MS Server (ping)
Paris - MS Server CPU Load
Paris - MS Server ISA Server process
German (folder)
Berlin - GateWay (ping)
Berlin - MS Server (ping)
Berlin - MS Server CPU Load
Berlin - MS Server ISA Server process

User must see only "London - GateWay (ping)", "Paris - GateWay (ping)", "Berlin - GateWay (ping)". And names of these tests must be like "Connection with London", "Connection with Paris", "Connection with Berlin". It's unimortant for user to know what CPU load on which server or to know working DNS server in London's office or not.

So fo this user i must create new folder an duplicate these test:

Report (folder)
Connection with London (the same as "London - GateWay")
Connection with Paris (the same as "Paris - GateWay")
Connection with Berlin (the same as "Berlin - GateWay")

Isn't it?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
User must see only "London - GateWay (ping)", "Paris - GateWay (ping)", "Berlin - GateWay (ping)". And names of these tests must be like "Connection with London", "Connection with Paris", "Connection with Berlin". It's unimortant for user to know what CPU load on which server or to know working DNS server in London's office or not.
So fo this user i must create new folder an duplicate these test:

Version 6.40 (Beta should be available next week) provides new functionality – Links. Links allow you to put the same test item(s) into several different folders. Unlike “copy” operation that creates independent copy of the test item, “link” operation does not create another test item - it creates link (image) of the test item.
However if you want to assign different test names, then of course you should create another test items.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: