Graphic files are not displayable

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
GEI

Graphic files are not displayable

Post by GEI »

Computer:
P4 3.2GHz, 2megabytes RAM
XP SP2, all hotfixes, firewall turned off
hostmoniter version 5.66

converted all logs to text, log size issues.

After the conversion we noticed that after the reports were generated, no graphics were being displayed. We thought that it might be because of the text logs, so we converted a couple of folders back to dbf logs, same problem.

We tried reinstalling Hostmonitor, same thing, we then copied the configuration files (.ini, .lst, .hml) deleted the hostmonitor sub-directory, reinstalled, copied the configuration files back, ran reports, same issue.

I am enclosing one of the graphics files, it is not displayable with any graphics program

GEI

update

Post by GEI »

We have done some more experiments, it seems to have something to do with Microsofts latest updates. It appears to effect most graphics programs (adobe, macromedia, corel draw, and IE) mozilla is not effected.

we have tried three computers now where it the graphics work, then we do the latest updates, and they no longer showup, you just get the little red x. so far it only seems to be effecting the gif's generated by Hostmonitor, as we are still able to open all other gifs that we have access to with not problem.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

H'm, yes its definitely latest security update from Microsoft.
What is interesting - we have different results on different Windows:
- Windows 2000 SP4 and IE 5.01 still works fine and show images (yes, we have installed all updates)
- Windows 2003 and IE 6.0 SP1 works but doesn't show images
- Windows XP SP2 after last Microsoft update want start anymore - blue screen on startup. So you are lucky.

Will try to find what is goind on.
BTW: Have you aked Microsoft what they did?

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Precisely: problem is in "Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 6 Service Pack 1 (KB905915)"
But we cannot say what exactly Microsoft doesn't like in GIF file...

Regards
Alex
GEI

Post by GEI »

we have a request in to them already, If they give me any information that is usefull we will make sure that you also get a copy
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Thank you
Yoorix

possible solution

Post by Yoorix »

Try to use this link http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm to solve the problem.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Looks like many people have the same and other problems with KB905915 update
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=KB9 ... blem&meta=
http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&q=KB905915
But the only solution that works - uninstallation, which is not very good because of security holes...
We can modify GIF module but we must know what exactly Microsoft does not like in it. I think Microsoft fixed some "stack overflow" error (and made mistake in different place) but I cannot find any information about that...

Regards
Alex
GEI

Post by GEI »

I have called M$ everyday, the latest they tell me is that Hot fix is not avalilable so they can not give me any information, about it
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

We have redesigned GIF module, now even updated Microsoft applications (IE) show images!!
Update available at www.ks-soft.net/download/la507.zip

Regards
Alex
dareusz

Post by dareusz »

KS-Soft wrote:We have redesigned GIF module, now even updated Microsoft applications (IE) show images!!
Update available at www.ks-soft.net/download/la507.zip

Regards
Alex
It's a snag with that. It's version 5.07 but I use 4.20
I type registration code and get information which please me to restart program. After that not happend Log Analyzer is still unregistered.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Most likely your license is not valid for latest version.
May be we can provide new code. But I cannot publish it here. Please send request to support@ks-soft.net or sales@ks-soft.net. Do not forget to provide your registration name and/or order number

Regards
Alex
dareusz

Post by dareusz »

I sent an email.
Regards
Darek
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

We have received your mail

Regards
Alex