KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

No email popup with 4.8 on XP SP2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rustyhill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: No email popup with 4.8 on XP SP2 Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

I've used your AHM on various client sites and always loved it. Today, I have problems.

I used an eval copy of 4.3 on a XP SP2 box, and whilst AHM works fine, the SMTP mail popup does not appear when a test has failed which has 'send email' as it's 'bad' action. The test shows bad, but no popup and no email.

I've checked the firewall in xp is off and that Mcafee 8.0 is now also stopped - it was running, but still no email alerts or notify box.

I've u/g'd to 4.8 and tried another identical XP sp2 box with the same results.

Any one else seen this?

TiA

Rusty
rustyhill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Answer to own Q... duh! Reply with quote

OK, it's the 'messenger' service I guess. SP2 turns this off by default and the notification box seems to need it on.

Alex - can you pls check & confirm this/

Thanks,

Rusty.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, HostMonitor doesn't need messanger service.
I just tested HM 4.80 on XP SP2, works fine.

Could you check system log (specified on Advanced Logging page in the Options dialog)? If HostMonitor cannot perform some action, it records information about error.
Or may be HostMonitor doesn't want to start action for some reason (e.g. schedule or some other action parameters)?
Or may be just "Show status window when sending mail" option is disabled (Mailer page in the Options dialog)?

Also, have you installed "Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (KB834707)" patch?
Our XP systems crashed after this patch. We even could not login to the
system.
I know this is critical update but it doesn't work well.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: