KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

NT event log problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: NT event log problems Reply with quote

Hi!

I'm using AHM to monitor 12 servers and I have configured a NT event log on all groups (system, application, FRS......)

Normally I have them setup to check every minute for new events - that means "Report on last bad event", but I've tried to get them to check for "Report on every bad event". That made AHM to stop monitoring! I had a system on one of the machines that made a lot of errors in the event log and AHM was so busy working on that... When it had been working a time on the events it seemed to freeze. Actually it seemed to use VERY many ressources on something and therefore there is no time to do anything else.

AHM: 4.76
Mem: 256
Estimated load: 19/sec (green - no problem)

Any surgestions?

Regards
Mogens
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actually it seemed to use VERY many ressources on something and therefore there is no time to do anything else.

What kind of resources? Handles? GDI Objects? USER Objects? CPU Load?

Event Log test should use the same amount of resources in "Report on last bad event" and "Report on every bad event" mode. A little more CPU in second case.
On the other hand "Report on every bad event" mode may produce much more alets. Probably resources are used by actions? What actions do you use?

Regards
Alex
Mogge

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On these tests I use only email alert (and a play sound) (on "Bad" mode - none on "Good" mode)

/Mogge
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What kind of resources? Handles? GDI Objects? USER Objects? CPU Load?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: