KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

MAC (HW-Adress) in NS-Lookup

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be very useful for me, if the MAC would be displayed as well. Actually I'm looking for with a separate arp-request.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IP-Tools can display MAC address as well (NetBIOS utility). I am not sure its good when NS Lookup utility will try to retrieve MAC address. Its 2 completely different protocols and better have 2 different utilities.

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a situation with a DHCP server and an IP conflict. I have the mac address of the machine conflicting the other. I cannot seem to find a way with IP tools to get a name resolution on a mac address. In a company of 475 computers, it would be nice to find some info based on a mac address with IP tools.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have added task into "to do" list.
For now I think you can use NetBIOS utility. It can work with list of IP addresses and display information about network adapters. Just mark "Use list" option, specify range of IP addresses (e.g. 123.12.11.1-123.12.11.254), unmark "Detail" option, and Start utility. IP-Tools will scan network and display MAC address for each adapter. Use Search->Find menu item to find MAC address that you need.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> IP-Tools All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: